“Cleanse this space, remove all ill; bless it now, let love & light fill.” – Ara
Have you ever walked into a home and felt that the energy was heavy? We all know about the importance of self-care, but have you ever thought about the importance of restoring the energy in your home?
Our thoughts create energy. When you come home stressed out, that energy can remain in your home. It creates bad juju. Think about the negative energy shared when you watch the news. Or how about that argument you had recently? Your home acts like a sponge absorbing negative energy due to spiritual activity, death, divorce, anger, violence, stress and other problems. It may not be something that can be seen, but it is something that inevitably can be felt.
The energy of our homes is directly related to our individual energy as well. The energy of our home acts like a foundation of support. If our home energy is peaceful and strong, it supports you. If being home is stressful and drains our energy, it takes away from our well being. If you clear the energy of your home, it clears your personal energy as well.
Let’s look at some easy ways to boost the positive energy in your home.
- Clutter. When you look in your home and see a pile of dirty clothes, bills, and dishes in the sink it drains your energy. Think about how good it feels when your home is sparkling clean. Marie Kondo says to get rid of things that don’t bring you spark or joy. If you don’t need it then toss it, donate it or sell it. Try to do a 10-minute tidy to clear the things that are draining your energy. You’ll get renewed focus, joy and energy.
- Smudging. Smudging is a cleansing ritual that involves the burning of a sage stick or other sacred herb like palo santo. This promotes physical, emotional, and mental well-being by neutralizing negative energy. This practice helps to remove negative spiritual energy and make room for uplifting, healing energy. It’s very important to smudge when you move into a new space as well as when you are moving from an old space. Think of smudging as an offering you are also making to the space to invite blessings which support all those who live inside the home. It’s also a good practice to smudge to free your home of stagnant energies from time to time, or whenever you feel like perhaps your flow in life is not as smooth as you would like it to be.
- Salt Water. Those beautiful antiques and second hand store finds might be affecting you. They can bring home the energy of the people who used to own them. It’s important when you bring these items home to spray them with salt water. The salt will absorb the negative energies as it is sacred earth. This can also be extended by using salt lamps in your rooms as a way of providing maintenance cleansing of negative energy which allows more room for positive energy to occupy the space.
- Crystals. One of the most popular and sought-after uses for crystals is decreasing negativity. You can place them by doors and windows and you can even wear them. Some powerful crystals for removing negative energy are Black Tourmaline, Obsidian, Smoky Quartz, and Tiger’s Eye. Another one of my favorite crystals which I place around the home as well is Selenite. It is widely known for its purification properties and neutralizing negative energy.
- Sound Energy. My favorite. This is a powerful way to clear negative and bad energy from your home. The vibrations produced by instruments like bells, and singing bowls can help to instantaneously reset the mood and energy in a space by providing balanced and harmonic tones to fill your space. Many people describe a sense of feeling more openness in their space and more clarity as well. Sound energy can cleanse, release and remove negative energy from yourself and your home. It restores positive energy, balance, and harmony in your house.
It is Possible to Remove that Negative Energy from your House
Your energy is the biggest factor that determines your success and joy in life.That’s why it’s so important to create a dynamic, healthy, and thoughtful space in your home. Shifting your energy can change your life. I hope these tips can help you transform your space into a place of tranquility.